Keeping the Museum’s galleries open to the public costs £450 a day over and above our grant-in-aid from the Navy!
We welcome your support for our core costs. This might be to keep our galleries open for the enjoyment of our visitors or towards the work of our Curatorial or Learning Departments.
Specific items that could be funded include
- purchasing one acid-free archive box to preserve historic records - £5
- meeting the cost of giving an out-reach community talk - £70
- meeting the travelling expenses of a volunteer for a year - £100
- funding a day of family holiday activities (free to the public) - £150
- conserving and mounting a print or watercolour from the collection - £200
- keeping the children’s activity cart - £200 per year
- maintaining the catalogue of the Museum's collections on-line for a year - £800
We should be delighted to discuss opportunities to fund – and name – key posts, such as our Learning Manager and Learning Assistant.
Looking Ahead – a major capital development
We are drawing up plans for extensive new exhibitions on the 20th Century Navy in a restored 18th Century Storehouse. We hope to announce these plans during 2010.